Do you know what I find to be so rude? People who complain about how busy they are drive me nuts. If you are busy, it means you have a full and rich life, you are an integral part of something, and you signed up for all that shit, so quit whining! I am putting myself fully into the category of these rude, whiny people because “Back To School” has collided with “Pear Harvest”, with a healthy sprinkle of “Puppy Shit On or Chew Everything Good In Life” (all my own fault, all my own doing, I elected to participate in all of these situations…) and I don’t know whether to check my ass or scratch my watch.
Dear Ol’ Hil’s To Do List
1. Health Physical
2. Health forms
3. Uploading health forms to the school website.
4. Uploading photos of the insurance cards to the school website.
5. Buying books.
6. Figuring out the financial aid for buying books.
7. Prescription from Doctor.
8. Coupon for prescription.
9. Calling the insurance company to check on the coupon for the prescription.
10. Additional form to allow school to use prescription as prescribed.
11. Buying a curtain rod and shower curtain.
14. Drop off at band practice.
15. Pick up from band practice.
16. Participate in chrysanthemums fund raiser.
17. Tell your kid you will NOT volunteer in the concession stand and you are doing what you are able by participating in the chrysanthemums fund raiser.
18. Feel guilty.
19. Check child support account. Empty. Cry.
20. Take call from mechanic, who tells you it will be an additional $400 to fix your car.
21. Become numb to it all and laugh maniacally.
22. Pick up puppy shit.
23. Kid tells you she doesn’t need the folders that you bought and she can’t share a package of pens with her sister because SHE NEEDS A LOT OF PENS AND YOU ARE A SHIT MOTHER FOR NOT DOING THE CONCESSION STAND.
24. Tell her not to fucking swear.
25. The huge sectional couch moved all over the living room. Was there an earthquake?
26. Receive call from pear boss asking if you have xyz-ed, and you haven’t even begun to xyz.
27. Wonder why you don’t drink.
28. Remember that you couldn’t afford to drink.
29. Fold towels.
30. Pick up more puppy shit.
Love and light,